Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Health and nutrition (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   DM Testresults (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14103)

mijke 21-04-2010 23:07

DM Testresults
 
Last week I did receive the DM test results of Paco and Atlasz and both owners did give permission to publish the results.
Also these 2 males are Carriers.

So on this moment these official DM test results are known:
  • Justine Stella Atoi de Louba Tar - Affected
  • Male X - Affected (the owner does not want to publish the name of the dog yet)
  • Male X - Carrier (the owner does not want to publish the name of the dog yet)
  • Hogan Sky van Hagia Sophia - Carrier
  • Chunami from Bandit's World - Carrier
  • Phylax Paco van de Ursidae-Stee - Carrier
  • Atlasz Cannus Lupus - Carrier
Also several other CsW's were tested, and the owners wait for the results.

This list with test results is not any reason for "panic"!
But it is clear that DM exists in CsW breed in several lines and countries.

That is why it is useful to test more CsW's for DM!
And again: not any dog needs to be excluded for breeding!


On lecture last weekend about DM of Dr. Paul Mandigers (neurologic specialist) was also mentioned that it would be a disaster for a breed when DM carriers would be excluded for breeding.

Mikael 21-04-2010 23:35

Thanks again for all you hard work Mijke :tard

Thanks to you many dogs will not have to suffer !

Best regards / Mikael

yukidomari 22-04-2010 17:39

Good post. Thanks for sharing - it's good to know that there are breeders who care about testing for and limiting DM in CSVs.. as the breed is still in its early years, I do believe good control can provide a healthier future before DM becomes too wide spread or causes more dogs to suffer.

draggar 22-04-2010 19:26

Yep. I hope the two active dogs are not used in breeding unless they are phenominal in every other aspect - and then only breed to a truly normal / normal dog.

Carriers can be bred - just breed them to N/N dogs and the puppies will, at worst, be carriers. The breed is small enough that with some monitoring of this we might be able to eliminate DM from the breed (yes, it will take a while).

Akela 22-04-2010 20:01

DM
 
Hello,
can someone explain me what clearly is DM?
It is a short "word" for what genetic disease exactly?
Thank you very much.

draggar 22-04-2010 20:04

A few links on it:

http://www.fredlanting.org/2010/02/t...athy%e2%80%9d/

http://neuro.vetmed.ufl.edu/neuro/DM_Web/DMofGS.htm

OFA test:
https://secure.offa.org/cart.html

yukidomari 22-04-2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akela (Bericht 296050)
Hello,
can someone explain me what clearly is DM?
It is a short "word" for what genetic disease exactly?
Thank you very much.

It's short for Degenerative Myelopathy.

SARKA 14-08-2010 12:58

Test results DM from Italy
Arimminum Andromeda N/N FREE
Arimminum Storm N/N FREE
Arimminum Naboo N/N FREE
Layla Zlata Palz N/N FREE
Anish Pura Gioia N/N FREE

draggar 14-08-2010 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARKA (Bericht 319487)
Test results DM from Italy
Arimminum Andromeda N/N FREE
Arimminum Storm N/N FREE
Arimminum Naboo N/N FREE
Layla Zlata Palz N/N FREE
Anish Pura Gioia N/N FREE

That's awesome!

Mikael 14-08-2010 20:15

:thumbs For testing all your dogs !!! And congratulations one the results !!!

Best regards / Mikael

GalomyOak 14-08-2010 23:21

I have ordered my DM tests from www.offa.org - USD$65 - soon I will have results for Anthea and Wasabogoa, and after for Hronec and Jovice - I have my fingers crossed! Really glad to see people are testing! It's really nice to see people from Europe are also using this organization - normal results are automatically posted, and owners have the choice of submitting abnormal results (it's not required).

Congratulations Sarka! And thank you!

Marcy

Nebulosa 15-08-2010 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalomyOak (Bericht 319516)
I have ordered my DM tests from www.offa.org - USD$65 - soon I will have results for Anthea and Wasabogoa, and after for Hronec and Jovice - I have my fingers crossed! Really glad to see people are testing! It's really nice to see people from Europe are also using this organization - normal results are automatically posted, and owners have the choice of submitting abnormal results (it's not required).

Congratulations Sarka! And thank you!

Marcy

Did you used a FTA card or you sent a blood sample?
This price is much more acessible for me, and with the FTA card everything gets more easy for long trips. :rock_3

GalomyOak 16-08-2010 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebulosa (Bericht 319520)
Did you used a FTA card or you sent a blood sample?
This price is much more acessible for me, and with the FTA card everything gets more easy for long trips. :rock_3

Hey Paula!

I have only just ordered the tests (they will come by mail). They are FTA - using the saliva/cheek cells. Shipping was included with my order - but maybe it is different to a different country. There is one owner from Germany who has used this test, and is listed in the database - clear results. :o Maybe they have more details on ordering internationally. I ordered the test from this link:
https://secure.offa.org/cart.html

I wish the same kind of test was available for dwarfism...that's a very expensive test for me, I think, to send blood to Europe. :oops:

Let me know if I can help you!

Marcy

draggar 16-08-2010 14:29

Marcy - please let us know when you get the results so we know if we need to test Luna or not. If I remember correctly it didn't take long from ordering the test to getting the results.

GalomyOak 16-08-2010 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by draggar (Bericht 319657)
Marcy - please let us know when you get the results so we know if we need to test Luna or not. If I remember correctly it didn't take long from ordering the test to getting the results.

Will do! ;-)

SARKA 12-10-2010 17:54

Arimminum Wakan N/N free
Arimminum Odette N/N free

André 13-10-2010 23:15

How the test can be made? Alternatives...

GalomyOak 13-10-2010 23:34

Also

Arimminum Wasabogoa = Free
Anthea od Vlci Skaly = Free
A Galomy Oak = Carrier
Taabernakkelin Hronsek = Carrier or affected (not official, but produced at least 1 carrier in my A litter with Anthea od Vlci Skaly)

GalomyOak 13-10-2010 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by André (Bericht 331197)
How the test can be made? Alternatives...

It's a blood or saliva (FTA card) genetic test - there are no alternatives. One option is to order the test from this website:
https://secure.offa.org/cart.html

The cost is US$65 + small cost to ship the test card overseas and back - the same weight and size as a standard letter. This test uses saliva, not blood, so it doesn't need the same amount of careful preservation of blood. If the results are normal, they are posted publicly in the offa.org database. If the dog is carrier or at risk/affected, it is the owner's decision to post the results.

André 14-10-2010 01:04

Are there other companies that do the test? In Europe?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Wolfdog.org