Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Breeding (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   What is the average content of the Czech wolfdog? (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21196)

happyfeet 27-09-2011 13:10

What is the average content of the Czech wolfdog?

Hi all, I am new to the forum, and what a fantastic forum it is, my question is what is the average % of wolf in this breed? % being F1 50% wolf 50% GSD, F2 being 50% wolf/GSD and so on, does anyone know how many times the Pure GSD was bred back into the breed? I have been researching wolf content and from what I read the wolf was introduced 4 times, but I may be wrong, but I can not find information about how many times the GSD was re introduced back in to the F's?
I understand that the larger the F number is the more domesticated the breed becomes but it still has the genetic makeup bassed on the %

So is it possible to trace back to find the %???

tupacs2legs 27-09-2011 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406151)
Hi all, I am new to the forum, and what a fantastic forum it is, my question is what is the average % of wolf in this breed? % being F1 50% wolf 50% GSD, F2 being 50% wolf/GSD and so on, does anyone know how many times the Pure GSD was bred back into the breed? I have been researching wolf content and from what I read the wolf was introduced 4 times, but I may be wrong, but I can not find information about how many times the GSD was re introduced back in to the F's?
I understand that the larger the F number is the more domesticated the breed becomes but it still has the genetic makeup bassed on the %

So is it possible to trace back to find the %???

csv's contain wolf blood but are a domesticated dog rather than a wolfcross

there is a tool on here that works out how much 'wolf blood' your dog contains ..my boy works out at 26.66(oops no ,26.61 lol)...but its kinda irrelevant imo

each dog has its own pedigree and has the dogs listed that were used.

i dont quite get what u want to know and why :oops:

happyfeet 27-09-2011 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacs2legs (Bericht 406154)
csv's contain wolf blood but are a domesticated dog rather than a wolfcross

there is a tool on here that works out how much 'wolf blood' your dog contains ..my boy works out at 26.66...but its kinda irrelevant imo

each dog has its own pedigree and has the dogs listed that were used.

i dont quite get what u want to know and why :oops:

Hi tupacs2legs, I supose for the same reason you you did? 26.66
Would you say that most are the same %? (with a slight variation)?

happyfeet 27-09-2011 13:41

Hi again 2pacs2legs , wher on this site can I find to % calc?

tupacs2legs 27-09-2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406157)
Hi tupacs2legs, I supose for the same reason you you did? 26.66
Would you say that most are the same %? (with a slight variation)?

hi... yes around the same % give or take a few

where is your dog from btw ...you havnt listed it in your profile.

hmm....il try and find the 'tool' for you unless someone can find it quicker :lol:

happyfeet 27-09-2011 13:48

Please as I have had a quick look and cant find it

tupacs2legs 27-09-2011 13:50

i think this is it... 'elfs' tool :)

http://www.amicale-chien-loup-tcheco...m/csvstat.html

leila 27-09-2011 14:20

Hi, my Nero is 27,9 and Chasa 30,05%. the average is about 25-26%.
In the tool you can find very interesting informations, % about the dogs in health, wolfblood, pedigree,...

happyfeet 27-09-2011 15:06

Wow !! thanks everyone.

Shadowlands 27-09-2011 15:17

Elf's tool is invaluable - don't know where we would be without it :)

Gives all sorts of interesting information about individual dogs plus is really useful when planning a breeding.

Our girl is 30.17% wolfblood (have to admit, I'd never looked this up before ;))

If I am reading it correctly, it gives you how many generations back the founding wolves were involved in each individual CsV - fascinating!

Morian 27-09-2011 16:12

my farn has 29,6%, keir 28,9%, krasna 28,7% and zlata 27,4%... my future female i'm waiting for will have 31,3%... so i think the average percentage is 25-30%

yukidomari 27-09-2011 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406151)
F1 50% wolf 50% GSD, F2 being 50% wolf/GSD and so on

That's not really accurate. There were plenty of backcrossing, linebreeding, and so forth, so it's more complicated than that.

happyfeet 27-09-2011 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukidomari (Bericht 406252)
That's not really accurate. There were plenty of backcrossing, linebreeding, and so forth, so it's more complicated than that.

Thank you for your input, but with all due respect I asked the question regarding wolf blood content, this has nothing to do with anything else, as I stated in my question I am under no illusion that the wolf content becomes more domesticated but the fact still remains they have a traceable wolf blood content, what I feel you may not grasp is this breed was engineered so a strict and precise history exhists, further to that from what I gather the pure breeders have strict ethics and diluting the breed would not be tollerated. I can imagine things are perhaps much diferent in the States?

yukidomari 27-09-2011 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406256)
Thank you for your input, but with all due respect I asked the question regarding wolf blood content, this has nothing to do with anything else, as I stated in my question I am under no illusion that the wolf content becomes more domesticated but the fact still remains they have a traceable wolf blood content, what I feel you may not grasp is this breed was engineered so a strict and precise history exhists, further to that from what I gather the pure breeders have strict ethics and diluting the breed would not be tollerated. I can imagine things are perhaps much diferent in the States?

Not understanding how you've interpreted my post.. I was simply saying.. your example of saying "F1= 50% wolf, 50% GSD and F2= 50% wolf/GSD and so on" is not entirely accurate because that was not how the breeding was done. As I said, there was and is backcrossing and linebreeding, and so calculations would not strictly be by simply dividing, but rather you must account for things like F2b, and linebreeding. That's all.

What do you mean by "diluting" the breed though? Do you mean in terms of the mathematical calculation of wolfblood? That number is wholly irrelevant and says nothing about the temperament or type of an individual dog.. I can assure you that no breeder makes breeding plans based on what would maintain that mathematical number.

Shadowlands 27-09-2011 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406256)

Welcome to the forum and chill, Blaidd, Yukidomari wasn't having a go :)

Actually, things in the States are better than the UK, imo - they have a separate type of Wolfdog (high/low/mid content etc) but do not (as far as I know) crossbreed CsV's like so many people in the UK. Will you be getting involved with the group setting up to get the breed recognised by the Uk Kennel Club? I'm sure they would welcome your input being an existing owner.:) What's your dog's name and how long have you had him/her?

tupacs2legs 27-09-2011 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowlands (Bericht 406259)
Welcome to the forum and chill, Blaidd, Yukidomari wasn't having a go :)

Actually, things in the States are better than the UK, imo - they have a separate type of Wolfdog (high/low/mid content etc) but do not (as far as I know) crossbreed CsV's like so many people in the UK. Will you be getting involved with the group setting up to get the breed recognised by the Uk Kennel Club? I'm sure they would welcome your input being an existing owner.:) What's your dog's name and how long have you had him/her?

hmmm..... yet! lol wasnt a certain dog that was looking for a home going to be crossbred ;) (until it fell through)

happyfeet 27-09-2011 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukidomari (Bericht 406258)
Not understanding how you've interpreted my post.. I was simply saying.. your example of saying "F1= 50% wolf, 50% GSD and F2= 50% wolf/GSD and so on" is not entirely accurate because that was not how the breeding was done. As I said, there was and is backcrossing and linebreeding, and so calculations would not strictly be by simply dividing, but rather you must account for things like F2b, and linebreeding. That's all.

What do you mean by "diluting" the breed though? Do you mean in terms of the mathematical calculation of wolfblood? That number is wholly irrelevant and says nothing about the temperament or type of an individual dog.. I can assure you that no breeder makes breeding plans based on what would maintain that mathematical number.

Yes I agree with you, I wanted to find out what the average % was, of which I now have a good idea. From my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) the genetic makeup ie the % wont change that much, it will of course change over a long period of time such as evolution and will mutate and cary the charicteristics of the parents (in most cases) giving more domesticated offspring?

happyfeet 27-09-2011 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tupacs2legs (Bericht 406262)
hmmm..... yet! lol wasnt a certain dog that was looking for a home going to be crossbred ;) (until it fell through)

I am sorry tupac2legs you have lost me?

tupacs2legs 27-09-2011 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406271)
Yes I agree with you, I wanted to find out what the average % was, of which I now have a good idea. From my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) the genetic makeup ie the % wont change that much, it will of course change over a long period of time such as evolution and will mutate and cary the charicteristics of the parents (in most cases) giving more domesticated offspring?

csv's are domestic albeit some would say 'primitive'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaidd (Bericht 406272)
I am sorry tupac2legs you have lost me?

lol,sorry,i wouldnt expect u to know what i meant,but the person i was replying to should of..i hope ;)

happyfeet 27-09-2011 20:09

Diolch everyone