Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs & law (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Official CSV club in Germany? (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15875)

Per Olav 01-11-2010 23:31

Official CSV club in Germany?

Reading a Norwegian article on Czechoslovakian Wolfdog in Wikipedia the author claim that the CSV/TWH is banned in Germany. Any information on the subject is welcommed.

Mikael 01-11-2010 23:51

Ha ha ha, it´s not April yet Per ;0)))))

Because clearly this must be a joke ;0)))))

Best regards / M

Per Olav 02-11-2010 00:02

It certainly is no joke, Mikael. The article is here and the autor's comment is here. Unfortunately in Norwegian only.

Cheers

Mikael 02-11-2010 00:47

Thanks, I did read it all, I know 80% Norwegian ;0)

But I think it is just a BIG misunderstanding ;0)))

Best regards / M

michaelundinaeichhorn 02-11-2010 08:52

This is simply not true, they are not even on the dangerous dogs list but considered perfectly normal dogs.

Regards
Ina

Per Olav 02-11-2010 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn (Bericht 335402)
This is simply not true, they are not even on the dangerous dogs list but considered perfectly normal dogs.

Regards
Ina

Thanks Ina :) But how do I prove it?

michaelundinaeichhorn 02-11-2010 09:29

This is a little bit difficult as every federal county of Germany can make it´s own law for it, the Gefahrenhundeverordnung, what means that you have to show up every counties law to proof. I would only write that there is no Gefahrenhundeverordnung that lists up CSWs.

Even if the breed would be seen as hybrids - what they aren´t - the owner would only have to fullfill several requierments - but it wouldn´t be banned totally.
Or if it would be listed on a dangerous dog list - what it also isn´t - it wouldn´t be banned in itself but you would have to fullfill other requirements.

As far as I can remember don´t we have any banned breed at all.

Ina

Per Olav 02-11-2010 09:41

Thank you :)

hanninadina 02-11-2010 11:13

Hi Per,

here is a link to the vdh (fci) http://www.vdh.de/rassenlexikon-deta...scherWolfshund where the breed standard is shown for the czechoslovakian wolfdog. So everybody can see that it is a recognized breed which is allowed to have and to be shown in dog shows. I guess you can put it in google translator for norvegian or english or maybe it is in english too on the website of the vdh.

I think that must help.

Christian
www.wolfdogs-siouxtala.de

michaelundinaeichhorn 02-11-2010 11:51

As there are several registered breeds that are banned in countries I can´t see any proof in this.
There are also registered breeds with the VDH that are on dangerous dog lists...

Per Olav 02-11-2010 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn (Bericht 335423)
As there are several registered breeds that are banned in countries I can´t see any proof in this.
There are also registered breeds with the VDH that are on dangerous dog lists...

Excactly. The CSV/TWH is a FCI registered breed but nevertheless banned in Norway.

hanninadina 02-11-2010 12:26

How can a dog be banned and start in the biggest dog show in germany in Dortmund? If he is banned he even could not be there...

By the way Per, in germany wolfdogs are allowed from F 1. There is no definte law which forbites. The EU-law 318/2008 from 08.04.2008 says only that hybrids from F 1- F 4 from the wild(!) wolf are endangerend species, if there are stable populations in the wild! Even our german wild wolves do not have a stable population. That EU-law was made for countries like spain, greece, rumania and others, but of course not for germany.

On this Dangeranimals laws (Gefahrtierverordnung) from some countries in germany, is only said that you need a permission to have a preadtor like a wolf. In one country it is totally forbidden and in one only for the use for scientific research. But nothing is said about having hybrids. And as Ina wrote, the czechoslovakian wolfdog is on no dangerous doglist in germanys countries.

hanninadina 02-11-2010 12:36

You did ask how it is in germany and not how it is in norway! But are you allowed to show csw in Norway in dogshows? No, of course not. They would take away a csw at the border and kill the dog. So you see the difference! When I remember right, there are list from the dogs who appear in the shows on the website of the vdh. Here are the results from two weeks ago, please scroll down there you find the csw:

http://edienst.vdh.de/frontend/gesamt?z_id=7&fci=1

Maybe that is a proof?

Per Olav 02-11-2010 13:04

Hi Christian.

Thank you for your replies. The reason for asking the question is that the author of the Wiki article on CSV/TWH did not believe that Norway is the single country opposing a ban on the breed but argues that to his/her knowledge the breed is banned not only in Norway but in Germany as well.

Mikael 02-11-2010 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Olav (Bericht 335441)
Hi Christian.

Thank you for your replies. The reason for asking the question is that the author of the Wiki article on CSV/TWH did not believe that Norway is the single country opposing a ban on the breed but argues that to his/her knowledge the breed is banned not only in Norway but in Germany as well.

There was a girl about two years ago, she wanted to get a CsV, but got the info that they was not OK for import to Iceland.

Do you know anything about Iceland´s dog law Per :0/ ???

Best regards / Mikael

Per Olav 02-11-2010 19:56

A bit off topic, but to my knowledge Iceland is very restrictive on importing dogs. I believe the keeping of dogs are allowed in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, but not elesewhere. I may be wrong about that :)

Mikael 02-11-2010 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Olav (Bericht 335407)
Thanks Ina :) But how do I prove it?

That there is over 18 breeders of Cs Vlcak registred in Germany might help ;0)))))

>>> http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...els&country=DE

Just send him the link and the phone nr to the German Kennel Club ;0)

Best regards / Mikael

michaelundinaeichhorn 02-11-2010 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael (Bericht 335551)
That there is over 18 breeders of Cs Vlcak registred in Germany might help ;0)))))

You are a genius;-)

Per Olav 03-11-2010 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn (Bericht 335554)
You are a genius;-)

At least a clever guy ;)