View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:42   #23
Rona
Distinguished Member

Let's for a while leave the moral issues... I see from the above conversation it's like trying to explain to a two-year- old that he mustn’t play with a knife... (Sorry Nicolas, but that's how it appears to me)

But try to be more far-sighted: CSV females are on heat just roughly once a year and the dog is interested in them for a few days only. So how frequently do you want to satisfy your dog's needs? Just once a year? Wouldn't this be too seldom?

I don't suppose you're the sort of person who would keep travelling all round Europe to make your dog happy or that many CSV females owners would like to play your game. What then? Buy CSV females from puppy-mills to start a harem for Tristan? This wouldn't help either because very soon the females would either be on heat at the same time of the year, or only one of them would be on heat like it happens in a pack of wolves.

I remember how much everybody here tried to help you when Tristan was little and you were having problems with him. I suppose you should trust people who wish you well, offered you their time and care and know a lot both about the breed and problems connected with it. If they say you might have serious behavioural problems with Tristan after the mating (especially when he's too young) they know what they’re writing about. Why not listen to their advice? Why not learn first and act later?

Besides, remember that physiology of a dog is not the same as the physiology of a man. Don't humanize Tristan, however much you love him.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote