View Single Post
Old 23-03-2010, 04:10   #31
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Wow, why is everybody on this forum so ready to jump on another owner as soon as they can if they don't agree with them?? It's pretty sad considering we all love 'our' breed and I for one am on here to learn and have fun with other owners, not point blame or judge.

AND you should maybe ask what I mean by 'aggression' before telling me I'm a bad owner.
It is a perfectly NATURAL reaction in any wolf/dog to protect their food, it's how they assert dominance in their pack where the leaders get to eat first and will growl/attack a lower member so that they get their fair share first.

Don't tell me that you've NEVER seen a dog growl over a bone in your life?!?!?!? [Though I doubt they'd ever growl over a Milkbone. My point exactly. ]

And ANYWAY, of course Flint doesn't show aggression towards ME!!!! That was something I worked on him with since he was a pup, I can take his food away, reach my hand in his mouth whiles he's eating, etc. No matter WHAT the food/treat is with no worries and no guarding from him.
But I have had small scuffles over feeding between my actual dogs [though my GSD bitch was the alpha, not my CsV haha.] which is normal but I don't want my dogs fighting over food so kibble seems safer with occasional raw meat as treats.

soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote