Thread: TWO WOLFDOGS
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2005, 15:28   #9
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Hello Keeba,

I am from germany and have a briard male in sept. 4 years old and a wolfdog young lady 17 month young. I know very well that you are going through hard times with your 9 month little lady. But as Pavel wrote 1 dog = 1 problem; 2 dogs = 1000 problems. If you will buy a second dog and your first one isn´t trained very well, you will have a lot of problems. And don´t do the fault to compare a wolfdog with dobbermans oder german shepards. As it is written here, these are totaly different dogs which are obedient in their mind. You have to work with your lady and then she will look at you. But in this age now she is interested in the whole world. First when she has her first heat and she will become a bit more adult - think of it that a wolfdog is from his character an adult with about 3 years -, your lady will be much more calm. Then begins the time where she is not interested in everything new. But you have to train her from the start of your connection. For example start your walking that she sits beside you. Then say "watch" and when she watches you say something nice to her and then you start walking. I trained it with my dogs, so I can say watch if there is a another dog passing by and my dogs look at me and have no interest in the other one.

So, do you a favour and work with your dog and then with about 2 years think about buying a second one.

Greetings from germany

Christian with Myla Crying wolf and Hannibal Nadina-Sis
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote