Thread: DM Testresults
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 13:25   #146
mijke

Super this cooperation of Sherdor , Lorry and all the others who also post N/DM results!
Thank you for open and honest also sharing of these results

And I hope you will send also a copy of the test result to [email protected]

In the past there was no DM test and I did breed with my female. After the test was validated my female and some of her offspring was tested. And my female was tested as N/DM and unfortunately one of her daughters as DM/DM (also these results are in the list of test results) And so for sure the father of this litter is at least carrier too.
The DM/DM female is now almost 5 years and has not any physical problem.

But now we have a possibility to test and no DM/DM dogs have to be born anymore!

On this moment all DNA test are expensive, but that also will probably change in future
I was at a study meeting about DNA tests were they did give info about the developing of the "all in one test " for dog breeds. In future breed clubs can ask to make an "all in one test" for all the specific validated tests for a breed. And these kind of test will be cheaper and so in future we also can negotiate with several labs for the best price!

HERE you can find the last update of the DM test results we did receive for the health info site.
But in the meantime a lot more CsW's were tested for DM!
So besides this list there are more DM test results known.

And I hope in future these owners will also share these results (with or without name of the dog)
And till that time I hope that all breeders (before breeding) will ask for to see the DM test results of the dogs they did choose for an combination !
And I hope they will only make combinations with tested dogs instead of playing Russian roulette..

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote