View Single Post
Old 18-05-2011, 11:57   #11
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

I start with last post from Uli. Uli it is completely nonsens when you write that there is not a selection done in american wolfdog breeders. Do you think only europaen dog breeders are able to select? The selection of csw was long time ago. If you look what kind of litters were made, you see that most of the csw breeders does not care and breed their own animals or use the male in the neighbourhood.

Please do not talk about things you know nothing from.

Rona, why should a F 6 csw does not have more wolf genes like a F 6 american wolfdog or like another csw F 6? Wolfdog genes shake and can stay longer time. And your example with that one dog out of the good breeder who is skittish must not be only a case of bad socializatin from the new owner but can be of course a matter that he has more wolf genes!

I did post it two times already since last year a paper was published, which said wolfgenes are also in Saluki, Basenji, Malamute, Siberian Husky, the northern Spitz breeds. Why do you think Rona, that in csw are no wolf genes anymore? I ask this question to Prof. Dr. Robert Wayne, the most well know and best wolf genetic expert in the world and he laughed at me and asked, are you serious? Of course do all our csw have wolf genes and of course more than any other dog breed! Only some wolfdog hybrids have more.

Draggar, of course your two csw from Edit missed some socialization. When I remember right, they came to the USA when being kind of older? As we all should know the most important time of socialization are the first 4-5 month in the life of a pup.

Rona, what do you think was Rep? He was F 2 with all kinds of wolf genetics - but in his case less than in other F 2 - and he acted like a dog! I am wondering that all you people telling csw are simple dogs seems to forget that fact, that one of the maine breed founder dogs was F 2 and was able to be like a simple dog although he was a wolf hybrid!

I made a litter with csw in 2008 and now in 2011 with american wolfdog. And even in this litter there are pure dogs and two are more wolfy. But all are dogs! Unpredictable, Sylvester, what is unpredictable? It is when a none experienced dog owner takes a dog for whom he is not ready! When I got my second Briard female, I was not ready for her, because I was not dog experienced enough and she was aggressiv coming from a french line. I did not know the difference because I was a beginner. Today she would be a very easy dog for me and I guess she would be lovely not only to the family. So what I wanna say, there are no unpredictable dogs. It is like driving a Ferrari or VW Golf. There is a difference and you have to be ready for it! But it is not the fault of the wolfdog!

Christian

Last edited by hanninadina; 18-05-2011 at 12:03.
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote