Thread: Tamaskan Dogs..
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 20:09   #65
hanninadina

Send a message via Skype™ to hanninadina

Taz, please check this out and I know some finish people who saw the developement of these F1 and F 2 animals, children from Boogie and Husky Blondie personally and I know some of the dogs.

So, please check this out:

The person behind the "No Wolf Tamaskan" -website is Tuuli Kontio (former Salmi), who helped Lynn Hardey (former Sharkey; the English woman / breeder of Blustag -kennels) to buy the dogs from Reijo Jaaskelainen @ Polarspeed kennels.
While Lynn lived in Finland, they were friends with Tuuli.
Lynn bought and owned Valko and his sister "Henki" (nowadays Jodie at Blustag) while living in Finland, but though she imported Henki (Jodie) into UK with her when she moved back there, she left Valko behind. Valko went to a Finnish wolfdog breeder, who made several litters out of him. From one litter Lynn picked up a puppy and imported to UK. She strictly told the breeder not to ever tell anyone she bought a puppy out of that litter.

There is no doubt that Valko is a son of Boogie. Also the DNA tests that were made of Valko and a Tamaskan dog imported to Finland (bred by Lynn in UK) were made in the same laboratory in Finland, that makes the official DNA testing for Finnish Kennel Club. It is absurd to claim that the test was manipulated / incorrect, since it is in no way possible to manipulate those tests in that laboratory. And how in eart they could have gotten a positive test result here in FIN, if the true parents of that particular Tamaskan dog truly were in UK? To get a positive result, they would have had to get a sample of the parents; in other case it would have been a negative result. If the sire is not Valko, who sent the sample of the "real sire" from UK to the Finnish laboratory? :-D)))
The breeder Reijo Jaaskelainen @ Polarspeed -kennels has also verified that Valko is from a litter out of Boogie & Blondy av Vargevass, and Boogie has several other offspring that look exactly like Valko. I know this since I have seen with my own eyes and I have pictures of them too. Valko's mother was a light grey, pure bred working line Siberian Husky (imported from Norway to Finland; Blondy av Vargevass).
In the litter she had with Boogie, the phenotype of the offspring varied from wolfy to less wolfy. And as knowing genetics, it is no wonder! Valko looked more like a giant Husky/short haired Malamute (without a curly tail) with yellow eyes, but his behaviour was very wolfy, and he has passed on this behaviour also as other wolfy traits.
Some individuals are very wolfy. They have alot features from Boogie, like for example my own Woogie (son of Valko; grand son of Boogie)! If you compare my Woogie and Boogie you will find lots of similarities.

Since Boogie is originally imported from US (Alaska) from the place called Wolfcountry USA that has done high content wolfdog & wolf breeding over several decades, no-one can for sure tell if he is a "pure" wolf (are there really "pure wolves" anywhere in the world; especially in US??). For what I have understood of color genetics, pure white coloring is a recessive trait and therefore it must come from both parents.

Valko was pure white since birth; like Huskies.

Knowing this one could assume that Boogie is not entirely "pure wolf"; that he has to carry the pure white gene to pass it forward.
... are there even such a thing as a pure wolf? We allready know where the black phase coloring to wolves came from. We all know that during their existence the wolf and the dog has ALWAYS mix bred. Where goes the fine line what we should call "pure" and what not?

And even though we would not call Boogie a pure wolf, but a high content wolfdog, it does not change the fact that while having his offspring in their breeding program of Tamaskan dogs, they are lying when claiming they are 'wolfy looking dogs without the wolf''. -You cannot breed animals like Boogie to dogs and sell them as "wolfy looking without wolf"! They are wolfdogs; and of a pretty decent content too!
It is the same problem with the FCI recognized breeds the CsV and Saarloos; if you mix them with wolves / wolfdogs you should not lie to the buyers/owners.
I would totally understand mixing under a superviced breeding program. But when random breeders do it with dishonest ways, it is a hazard to both the dogs and the buyers that are unaware and miss quided of what they are really buying.

I do understand that the people who allready own and breed Tamaskan dogs, are trying to deny the wolf content in their animals, since it was illegal to own such (lower than F5) in UK.
But the truth must be out there for the sake of all the people who are thinking of getting a Tamaskan pup. Most people who take Tamaskans, take them because they want a wolfy dog WITHOUT wolf content. It is not right that what they get is a big fat lie.

And it makes absolutely sence because in former times wolfdogs were not allowed to have in great britain. From 2009 wolfdogs from F 3 are allowed.

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/wildlife...waa/hybrid.htm

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/wildlife...a-wolfdogs.pdf

But by the way, this is a czechoslovakian wolfdog forum and not about Tamaskan.

christian
hanninadina jest offline   Reply With Quote