Thread: Puppy prices
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 16:06   #19
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Yes, but if you do the breeding for business, then you need to not only cover your expenses like these, you have to count everything as expense (as you'll pay the taxes, so you want to minimize that), you have to count on risks like yo'll get all the things done but the bitch will be not good enough for breeding (and you should not breed bad bitches), so that's just the money down the drain - and you can resell the bitch but you won't get the expenses and time back.

So all in all, I understand that the pro-breeders ask so much money, I just don't understand that people pay that kind of money, when there are cheaper litters from good quality parents available (even if you'd travel across Europe to get the pup yourself).

I mean, you expect to pay obscene prices for Prada shoes and i-dont-know-the-brands handbags and only small money for chinese look-alikes, but the pups are pups, the parents are comparable (often better as they are tested by experts), the result are often just luck, as you cannot predict much, so why?
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote