View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 15:39   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

In the opinion of the slovak club it is better to have a running exam - which requires except a good stamina also a cooperation with the handler as well as at least basic obedience training (you cannot run with inobedient wolfdog and not be drawn after every strange dog, cat, man, car atc...) than no exam at all. If agility or scenting is accepted as working exams, then why not endurance run?

Work is work - no matter what you get your dog to do, if it wouldn't do it without your instruction, it can be considered a work. Although, in my opinion, to really pass the exams (no matter) which, you yourself have to consider the thing not work but fun and also make it fun for the dog. An I can assure you, any dog consideres runnig freely much more fun than running two rounds of the same track along the bike, not able to sniff and jump and so on.

CsV is a working dog - it is not a sheperd, it is not a patrolling dog, it is not a rescue breed. It is universal. If FCI was able to accept the endurance run as a regular exam, why can't you? If you don't consider FCI competent enough in this regard, why do you expect DEFRA and ACK to consider it so?

I am sorry if my reply seems like a flame - it is not my intent. But we are trying to find ways to keep the breed from degenerating to soft animal and at the same time keep the breeding population high enough to be able to actually breed on it. And I don't like people discarding an exam if I think they actually haven't tried to pass it. Have you, Navarre?
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote