View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 19:08   #30
Gypsy Wolf

Yes, I live in FL, and as I stated before, I would have to change my living situation in order to accomodate a wolf. If I stayed in FL, I would need a wildlife possession permit, but again, this is something further out in the future.
I disagree completely regarding your opinion that I wouldn't learn anything applicable if only interacting with one wolf. My study parameters are ethological, not traditional laboratory parameters. Many ethologists have made breakthrough studies utilizing interactions with only one or a few members of a species - one that comes to mind instantly is Alex the African Grey parrot and Irene Pepperberg - a bird that she purchased at a pet store and has now changed the idea of learning and cognition - in both birds, and in some cases her studies have been applied to early learning in children. It often takes someone with their own convictions to go ahead and just do it - rather than listen to the naysayers who end up actually benefitting from such maverick studies.
I would urge people unfamiliar with studies such as these to perhaps investigate them before passing judgment on a subject they know nothing about. If it weren't for the Pepperberg, Fossey, et al, studies - people who likely got the same (if not more) flak about their studies than I am on this topic - we would not have their enlightening and groundbreaking knowledge and the world would be a little less bright...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote