View Single Post
Old 23-04-2010, 04:52   #16
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Reasonable opinion.. but my take on it is that dogs should be able to eat everything biologically appropriate. To me, it's odd when a dog is allergic or sensitive or a meat-based protein.

But it is not in a dog to eat soy or corn syrup or corn. Just like it is not in us to eat grass, though cows can do it fine with their multiple stomach. In fact it's not even really in humans to eat corn (eat a lot of corn on the cobs and you'll see why.. )

Cellulose as in plant matter is just not something that a dog's comparatively short digestive track is equipped to break down. Their teeth don't lend pre-digestion grinding. Our English Mastiff friend fed her dog a whole strawberry once and no joke, it popped out the other side pretty much undigested

But, no, seriously raw asides, I do think that you are a reasonable person. When you have time, give the articles a read over, .. they apply to kibble too (we fed kibble and we aren't against it.. it is just like cereal to us and we do sometimes feed it still). Even if you think that all of these things are opinions and can be written to reflect whatever viewpoint they believe in..
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote