View Single Post
Old 19-11-2012, 09:57   #6
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
Rona, don´t you think you were a bit too diplomatic?
Haha, I love your comments Angelika

Quote:
So my advice to you is jump in with both feet, don't give up and keep an open mind and room for improvisation
One should be VERY cautious with such advice unless he/she knows the person it's given to very well. Some owners would perservere under difficulties, but don't forget the vast majority of young vlckas from "CSVs looking for new homes" section had owners who didn't manage.

Quote:
So it's possible that a CSW would not fit in a or any day center? Or at least the probability is not negligible? I don't have a plan B in case that fails
Everything is possible: your pup might be most happy at the dog centre without any problems, but it might also miss you badly and howl for hours annoying other dogs and carers. The puppy, and later a young dog may also bully other dogs in the dog centre to the point that you'll be asked to stop bringing him/her there. It may withdraw and stop developing or become aggressive to humans, keep escaping from the place, or may develop a closer relationship with somebody at the dog centre than with you, etc. etc.
I'm not saying that any of these will happen, but that you should be aware of such possibilities and take them under consideration. IMO there is nothing worse than wishful thinking when getting a vlcak. Better to be prepared for worse and then be nicely surprised than the other way round.

Last edited by Rona; 19-11-2012 at 10:47. Reason: spel.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote