View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 19:37   #18
Fede86
Entità cinofila da web...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Well, as I work with European wolves every day in a very close way I am sure CSW are dogs. From the character point of view they are true dogs.
Something we completely agree about!

But the magazine is about wolfdogs, not about WOLVES, and it deals with wolfdogs with different wolf blood content, from very low (a category you could put the CWD in) to very high.

I'll tell you one of the reasons why I bought the magazine:

I can find some characteristics in the CWD character/behavior that I find "similar" to those american wolfdogs seems to have and that require to be dealt with the same way. Socialization for example, they may be easier to socialize if the bloodline is well bred, but still the socialization they require is generally more extensive and different from other breeds. Another example, the way they respond to training, I find it more similar to what they describe about american wolfdogs than to GDS, but then again, I guess it depends from the bloodline/family... If I learned something about CWD in the years I've known the breed is that they are not quite an homogeneous breed yet, personally I find great variations on temperament, aptitudes and so on...)
Take for example the Resource Management Theory. Many people say it's an obsolete method to deal with a dog, because dogs are not wolves and the resource management is something you learn from "wolf society". I may agree or may not, depending on the breed. I may find rediculous to apply resource management to a Bull Terrier, but I personally think it's quite an effective way to deal with a CWD.

In the end, I would probably find the magazine (and also Nicole Wilde's books) useful and interesting even if I had a Laika or a Canaan Dog.

Last edited by Fede86; 12-06-2010 at 20:56.
Fede86 jest offline   Reply With Quote