View Single Post
Old 18-05-2011, 09:16   #10
Silvester

Default That´s right !

Originally posted by Rona :
"I found your post very worrying, because people who know little about vlcaks and come to this site and then read that CSV are like wolfdogs/hybrids get a very false impression!

Vlcaks should be vlcaks - there is a detailed breed standard and the fact that certain number of individuals don't meet it, due to various reasons, does not automatically mean the breed is similar to wolfdogs or wolf hybrids with random mixture of genetics."

Yeah exactly !! I could not have told it in better words ! This is the reason why I have a vlcak - and not an "American wolfdog" or any kind of hybrid / crossing , no matter what generation F1 to Fxxx it is!

May be it should be addet that vlcak - unlike any wolfdog crossings - have a history of (very strict in the beginning )selection and breeding to fulfill this standart both by physical appearance and by behaviour.

This is what is missing in the "breed" of wolfdog hybrids/mixes - anything is only leave to the chance... and that´s not breeding, it´s simply producing unpredictable mixes. With sometimes bad or even fatal results!

Best greetings , Uli alias Silvester

Last edited by Silvester; 18-05-2011 at 09:19.
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote