View Single Post
Old 18-05-2011, 18:28   #18
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
What is wolfish in the behavior of CSW, is the constant awareness of their surroundings (except in deep sleep), the ability to think for themselves and learn quickly, becoming bored by repetitive tasks, and their ability to communicate so intensively. But this is not an opposite to GSD, it is just normal behavior that is not atrophied by domestication.
I agree with this! And, I think it's been shown by several experiments (like the previously mentioned Poodle x experiment) that crosses can be domesticated in a relatively short amount of time - far shorter than the 50 plus years that CsV has been being bred. Having said that, I think any trait that might be construed as "wolfy" is simply a breed character, not an accidental vestige of 'wolfiness'. There are MANY breeds of dogs, and many individual dogs, that are much further removed from wolves that may have traits of being shy, flighty, independent, vocal, etc, and I don't find it meaningful to relate that to so-called 'wolfiness' or not.

Last edited by yukidomari; 18-05-2011 at 18:30.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote