Thread: Breed Character
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 01:33   #6
mijke

Although this discussion become a bit of topic, I think it is a very interesting discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
For me is bad, when only one criterium for breeding is beauty....Brrrr.
I agree for 100% with Hanka! For a lot of breeds this criterion is/was a disaster

Quote:
You are right, not much owners work very hardly. But good is mushing, agility and other sports. Important is- this breed must have to future character for it...If no, it will be bad for breed....If they will run in the showrings, character wil go down and down......What will be with character of breed 10-15 years later?
Every breed was bred for a certain purpose and breeding dogs were selected for the capability’s for this purpose. When breeders forget what these capability’s are and are only selecting breeding dogs for exterior it is very bad for every breed!
I know a CsW is not a kind of working breed like a GSD, Malinois , Belgium shepherds aso. But CsW’s have also working capability’s and they like to do a lot of things.
That’s why I am glad when people do “something” (sport or training) with their CsW, so they use the capability’s of their dog and good (according the standard)CsW’s also like this

Quote:
I am worry about west Europe, where are dogs for shows only. (Of course not all owners, like not 100% owners work with dogs here).
Glad you are realistic, because not all owners and breeders of CsW in West Europe are only “show people”!
But I understand what you are meaning. It worries me also that sometimes CsW’s get excellent results in shows while they behave like a shy Saarloos in the showring. In east Europe I did also see shy CsW’s with tail under the belly, but they do not get excellent results in shows....

And although this is also a bit of topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
One word to the bonitation.
I agree absolutely with you that it is necessary (fortunately we have the opportunity to do this twice a year in Germany), but the character test is highly trainable and I saw quite a lot CSW's in your country, passing the test, but not being able to cope with things of the daily routine, like standing within a crowd of people. Tail up to the chin. But that's another topic.
For me this is also very interesting, and I agree with Michael

Best regards,
Mijke

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote