View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 14:33   #6
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Thanks, Rolf!

Well, that looks really as a complex test of character. It must be great, but I cannot imagine doing it for every bonitated dog - if it takes at least 45 minutes... Whew...

I suppose there is some kind of evaluation chart - sometimes the level 5 seemed good to me, sometimes as too much - hyperactive dog or one quite dominant, otherwise as a shy. Is that true?

And does the dog stay alone sometime, with the owner hidden?
Well, there must ofcourse be a limit, for how many dogs it is possible to make this test for, in one day, but I think some more elements could be addet to the character-test at bonitation, to give a better/more exact reading of the character in different situations
I agree that 45minutes would be too much for character-test at bonitation, because then it would be impossible to make bonitation for 20 dogs or more in one day, but on the other hand, it would give a more exact reading on the character of the dog, also it takes many official people to make this test(I think 4 + jugde).

Each breed have their induvidual prefrences on how they should react in each part of the test, so level 5 is good for some breeds and in other breeds different levels is good, so it will fit the desired behaviour of each breed and ofcourse some parts of the test is more importent than others, depending on the desired behaviour of the breed(we don`t have a desired behaviour plan worked out for CSW in Denmark, so it is not possible to make this test for CSW).

The dog is not all alone, like in the character-test at bonitation, but at parts 1b+1c, I think, the dog is only with the figurant(unfortunatly I have never seen this test from the beginning, only the last part and it is many years ago, so I am not 100% sure and maybe some elements have been changed).

...I am not saying that the character-test at bonitation should be just like this to have more value, but I think it would be good and possible to add some elements from this test to the character-test at bonitation to make it better/more exact

Greetings Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 03-02-2009 at 14:59. Reason: add more text
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote