View Single Post
Old 17-11-2011, 20:21   #43
orkwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Just to simplify it, I see 2 main reasons for someone to breed:

1. Breed welfare, love for breed etc,
2. Money

Since cross breeding is no way working for the good of breed (how could it?) OrkWolf in my opinion has only one reason to breed: money. And it confirms in examples like: charging 1000pound for cross puppy, and asking us the other day on the English forum for two bitches just for breeding
http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showpos...&postcount=128
Mr Collins claims he is taking good care of his dogs, that they have wonderful conditions. It may be true, I don't know. But in my opinion his taking good care of the dogs is no different of manufacturer taking good care of his machines. After all these machines are bringing him the money. That small difference in attitude but makes it a lot different to me. Another thing I think is trust, as breeder suppose to be trustworthy. And no one should ever trust to any one whose main goal is money. And Mr Collins desire for change from cross to pure breeder by coincidence happened to be while we have been discussing DEFRA (british Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) change rules. For those who don't know: at the moment is quite difficult to import any animal from Europe into UK, basically 9 months of quarantine is required. But it is about to change after 1.1.2012, and quarantine of 21 days only will be in place. So we have been discussing that, making a conclusion that CSV lovers from UK will be finally able to get pure, FCI registered pups from Europe, instead of being doomed for CSV crosses with no papers in price of 1000 or even 1500 pounds for pup. And then comes OrkWolf asking as for help as he now wants to breed pure. Great sense of timing, isn't it? I think if DEFRA would never change the rules for importing pets OrkWolf would never change his mind about cross or pure breeding. Why? Mixes were selling quite fine, as there was no choice. But DEFRA is changing rules, and it may damage a bit the market. Apart of that there are some crazy people in UK promoting pure breeding of CSV. For me OrkWolf is just adopting to new situation. And once again, I think, he is very good businessman, but not necessarily breeder.

Google Translate:
Who do you think you are! You do not know me, you certainly are not qualified to talk. All this talk from a man who doesnt even own a csv, so get off your high horse. Instead of slagging me off who you do not even know, look at others here who openly mix the breed and then put pictures up, I though this site was for Csv wolfdogs, mot mix!

Further Pavel you are debating a experimental mating which took place in CZ in 2003 with a real female Canadian wolf and CSV without registration?! Apparently pups from this mating F1 has been registered as CSV dogs and good laugh about this is that pure CSV is a cross of Carpathian wolf with GSD. Saarloos on the other hand is outcome of Canadian wolf with GSD?.
They have F1 crosses there which possibly has been mixed with breeding of pure CSV and all of them are stating that kennels Passo del Lupo and Foresta Incantata have mixed some of the offspring of this experimental dogs into their breeding.
There is a chance that such dogs are still in CZ so what a laugh they talking about crossbreeds if they mixed in the wrong wolf to start with and potentialy even in some cases selling hybrids! And you bad mouth me!!
You are all Hypocrites! I have a small kennel but it seems to me that all the problems arise in Europe and are far more serious.

http://www.wolfdog.org/site/dbase/d/7853
http://www.wolfdog.org/site/dbase/d/5570
orkwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote