View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 12:33   #58
michaelundinaeichhorn

Tana I think you got some things wrong. You can have a good bond to a dog living outside if you spend a lot of time with it and also a lot of time with it alone without other dogs. Also a dog indoors can learn the same things from other dogs like living outside. If you don´t want dogs in your house that is your decision as long as your dog gets enough attention it doesn´t matter that much.
What people deny here is that dogs that are kept in the house are not as good as guardians or on other work - and by the way it is proofen that children that grow up with pets are healthier than the totally clean kept ones.

Of course wolfdogs (CSW ones and not Saarloos or Hybrids) can be good guards but also if you want protection going further than just to protect your area you will find that they will only protect you outside if they see you as a member of their pack why else should they bother. My dogs all are good guards but also they guard when we are not at home or when they get the feeling we need help, otherwise they will tolerate everybody without being especially told.
Also about the wolf -traits: To guard is absolutely no wolf trait, to follow any commands is not wolf trait, to bond to people is no wolf trait (to have some kind of relationship of tolerating somebody is something very different to bonding) if you want to get some kind of true relationsship to a wolf you have to handraise it and this relationship will be very different to the one you will have to a dog. So if I want any wolf traits in my wolfdogs I want the endurance, the physical fitness, the nose and the cleverness but for sure not the wolflike character as I know very well that wolves can never be good pets.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote