View Single Post
Old 15-04-2007, 19:44   #42
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo
Massimo please don't be angry BUT please tell me how can we "evaluate" Ko-ko's working abilities? I never saw her on the training place working, for me she look like typical "Bixi" (Ajbix). Maybe it is true what Hanka says but is she "working blood of Hasso"? How we can judge it if so far Ko-ko do not passed ANY exams - how can we see if she will really work so good? Maybe she will be TOO crazy to pass IPO? Nobody knows - there are no proves... So far we have only WORDS - nothing more...
Now I really feel I have to say something. I think that Hanka knows her dog well, and probably she has experiences with wolfdogs enough, to be able to tell if her Koko is working dog or not.
If she can proove it by passing exams, is different thing. But we all know, what kind of dogs we have at home and if we are honest to ourselves and to the others, we can say if we have dogs keen in working, or not.
And on the contrary, I know dogs that have passed exams, maybe many, but never showed any drive for working and if they did not have consistent, patient owners, they´d never pass anything. Should I call those dogs working dogs?

About "only words". Yes, you cannot maybe evaluate dogs working abilities without working test, as much as you cannot evaluate or justify breeding on dog without bonitation. You can say milion times (and I am not speaking about you or any concrete breeder), that a dog is looking fine, he´s got titles and he´s been judged by a good judge who said the dog was looking great. But he has no bonitation and .. so far we have only WORDS.

This might be again considered off-topic, but as Daiva says, she´d not get future working puppy from dogs, which don´t have exams, yet the owner claims them to have drive for working...well. I would NOT get any CSW puppy for any purpose from parents where one dog is not bonitated, even if I was told hundred times how great the parents were and no matter on how many titles they had.