Thread: CSV statistic
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 20:10   #2
elf

Hi all, thanks for support !

Feel free to take a look from time to time to the description page as I add features (hopefully) periodically. Last important adds about the coefficient of inbreeding calculation:

"- Note: you can see two different parts for the Coefficient of inbreeding calculation, the first uses the formula: Sum (1/2)^n1+n2+1 (formula used by wolfdog.org) which suppose common ancestors have a COI=0% (which is not true most of the cases => the coefficient is under estimated) ; the second uses the complete formula: Sum (1/2)^n1+n2+1 * (1+Fa), this one takes in account the COI of common ancestors (better, but still a bit under estimated: Fa obtained from 8 generations with 3 converging passes. However, the result is now acceptably accurate.)."

One exemple of changes:

Hathor Crying Wolf: Wright's coefficent on 5 generations: 19.43359375%, becomes with complete formula: 26.2852315791%

As you can see the difference between results can be huge, so I encourage breeders to use the complete formula.

(BTW: Saarloos lovers, I added same statistic engine site for the Saarloos breed (link on the description page)... interesting to compare the formation of these two breeds).

Cheers
elf jest offline   Reply With Quote