View Single Post
Old 29-06-2011, 13:34   #126
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

No problem, Hanka. I guess, we don't see it (though I am sure it is in some breeds or instances) as a problem - but rather being proactive, so we don't find ourselves in a big mess in the future, if maybe some club rules change, bad officers or judges come in, etc. Meaning - it's easier to have accurate DNA results for the future if we have more DNA results now, especially on older dogs who may not be here if a problem arises, dogs who have many litters, with maybe some puppies that are sold, and get "lost" - with dogs "related to them" (or not) years down the road. People living in the Czech Rep. and Slovakia are lucky - you have very easy access to some of the aging "legends" of our breed (and their offspring), and also some of the tighter breeding controls within your clubs for our beloved breed. You really have an opportunity - not a problem - to grow gold from an ugly seed - to lead our breed in making sure we have integrity and purity for many generations to come. I feel certain other country clubs will follow if someone is willing to lead (unless they have something to hide, I guess) - the US for sure!