View Single Post
Old 26-12-2011, 06:30   #9
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI

Wouldn't it be more based on noticing trends with the dogs' data (not so much the owners), because the whole point is to sort out the places dogs leave, and if dogs continue to go to an owner (one who theoretically enters the dogs' info in the database), and new owners submit their info after Admin has entered information on the same dog before, then this should begin to show the trend. Lets say I go back to Europe, buy puppies, they don't meet my expectations, and I sell them.... over and over, I wouldn't be too keen on entering my info into the database because I know people would be looking for my name to come up. However, there are legitimate, ethical kennels (and / or companies) who import dogs (ie: Mals & GSDs) from Europe, to train for customers such as law enforcement and security agencies, not due to poor ethical or negligent practices, but I'm sure such a facility would need to develop a standing relationship with good breeders and Admin because they would only want high quality, healthy dogs.
I support this! I'm just saying that it may be best to show trends on "continuously moving dogs' " info and give notifications when such a "continuously moving dog" shows up. Lets say, dog #1 goes to "Bad Guy" from the breeder, and then moves again to a 2nd home. Then, dog #2 has the same thing happen. An entry would be posted with both dogs together with birth dates and info entry dates for each dog. The moment you look at this note, you would see that they both left "Bad Guy" , when, and at what age... I believe in order for this to work the best, an element of "the human factor" would need to involve Admin noticing some of the issues as well because all one needs to do is use a kennel name with one dog, their spouse's name with a 2nd, and their name with a 3rd before any data began to match, and there has just been 3 dogs run through them

Last edited by AMERICANI; 26-12-2011 at 06:44.
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote