View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 23:31   #15
wolfdogs16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdogs16 View Post
im not about to mix them, I just joined to share fellowship with other folks owning unique canines... I have spoken of the CSV here in several presentations i made at various animal functions and have never indicated wolf in the dog... i have defended the term "wolfdog" as it relates to CSV's to several officials at USDA who were missguided.
One more thing I did not mention, and Im sure that most CSV owners are aware of this, especially those few in the U.S................... the majority of the Animal Control Officers in this country dont know the difference between a malamute, a husky, or a dog mix from a wolf...that even slightly resembles a wolf... in the majority of the cases, that animal is labeled "wolfdog or wolf hybrid" and the owner goes through madness proving its not. There are so many loop holes in the animal laws here its not funny... and its all boiled down to this over the years:... in most states, if you say to a Vet, a vet tech, an officer of the law, an officer of animal control, a Federal employee of an agency repsonsible for animal welfare...."this is a wolfdog" or "this is a wolf hybrid"... you cant take that statement back. you have labeled your animal a wolf dog cross..... that being the case, if you are in an illegal state or a county that has banned wolf dog crosses..then you have a problem... and if your animal bites some one, in most states, it means its immediately put down and the brain examined for rabies, because, out of political nonsense, the rabies vaccination is still not "recognized" as working on wolf dog crosses. It does work... but they wont recognize that... political and liability are the two reasons.... There are some pretty shaddy people involved in animal control here in the U.S., especially in small towns and counties where education is lacked... it behooves all owners of any dog that looks wolf like to be aware of that. This has resulted in some pretty sad stories. I speak from experience, not off the keyboard of speculation.
http://www.wrr-inc.org
wolfdogs16 jest offline   Reply With Quote