View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 00:02   #1
Gypsy Wolf

Default Further Adventures of Pollux

So I haven't posted in a while, but I did want to share some funny stories. As previously reported, Pollux was permanently adopted by a firefighter once his girlfriend fell in love with Pollux, too. Interestingly, Pollux loves the girlfriend more than the firefighter, and she reports that when the firefighter isn't home - off on his 24-hour shifts - she actually feels safe, for the first time, as Pollux is there to protect her.
As I have also mentioned, CsV are brilliant, and Pollux is no exception. So here's a typical Pollux story... Apparently Pollux LOVES to go riding in the firefighter's jeep. As he is normally perfectly behaved loose in their home, both the firefighter and his girlfriend had no worries leaving him loose for an hour or so while they went out to dinner.
Well, Pollux decided he wanted to go riding in the jeep - he easily opened the door into the laundry room and then the door from there into the garage. He's already pretty experienced at opening doors, so his "people" have made sure the back and front doors to the house are adequately protected against his skills.
Later inspection showed, through nose and paw prints, that Pollux attempted to enter the jeep from multiple places - including the windshield - but couldn't. Instead, when the firefighter and girlfriend returned home, they activated the garage door opener to see a huge hole in the rear jeep soft-top "window." Not quite sure what happened, the firefighter rushed in to check it out, only to find Pollux happily relaxing in his usual place on the back seat waiting patiently to go for a ride in the jeep...
They have found a way to make sure Pollux does not do a repeat of the "jeep incident" as well as prevent him from bothering the couple when they are making meals in the kitchen - Pollux does not like vaccuum cleaners - so they station a vaccuum cleaner in front of select doors and the entry into the kitchen and Pollux makes sure to avoid those places. And, of course, there are some places not even a vaccuum cleaner would keep him out... behind the firefighter's parent's house there is a horse farm. Pollux likes horses, but better than that, he likes their manure. Fresh, still steaming manure. Pollux easily clears the very high fence in one graceful leap, rolls vigorously in the fresh poo until he is well-coated with it, leaps back over the fence and proudly flaunts his delicious scent to his not-so-thrilled master. Multiple baths later, the firefighter reports there is still the faint smell of horse poo, but it seems only time gets rid of the last traces of smell.
His adoptors have neutered him and continue to take him just about everywhere. He is the honorary canine mayor of the local dog park, and much-loved by the humans and canines (even the normally dog-aggressive dogs like Pollux) in his neighborhood, so I am sure I will hear more stories of Pollux's adventures...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote