View Single Post
Old 16-11-2010, 22:25   #33
fenris

Thank you Hannidiana for inviting me. I trust you have good intentions. But I will wait a few years until your dogs have become a little older and you have collected some more experience with wolfdogs.

Your friend Monty Sloans article is maybe a few years old, but he still has the same opinion. Just make a phonecall to him and ask him. And now you bring up Nicole Wilde as a more experienced person. Well, Nicole Wilde has exactly the same opinion as I have. This is what Nicole Wilde writes:
"Welcome to the reality of having wolfdogs. Again, these are not dogs, and no one without specialized knowledge of their behavior and needs should be working with them, period." And more from Nicole Wilde: "Wolves as a species are afraid of humans. Wolfdogs, especially the higher-content individuals (who generally look and act wolfier than dogs) tend to be on the shy, skittish side. They have special needs as far as early socialization if they are to be workable “pets” and live in the world rather than spending their lives in an enclosure. They can be very sensitive and require an extremely gentle approach in training. One false move and the bond of trust between wolfdog and owner can be broken forever. Behavior modification with wolfdogs requires plenty of patience, and one should never push these animals over threshold."
So you must understand that you cannot compare this animals to normal dogs. It is dangerous. Its lots of ignorant people out there whom will beleive you and buy themselves a wolfhybrid and raise them as normal dogs. Also CWD owners who beleive that their experiences with a CWD makes them competent to own a wolf or cross their wolfdog with a pure wolf and sell the offspring. You like to compare them to a Ferrari automobile. OK - do that, but remember that if you drive your Ferrari at 230 km/h on the local road in the neighbourhood and survived is partly driving skills, but mostly pure luck. And understand how stupid it is to recommend the public to drive 240 km/h on the local roads because you did it yourself and survived.
fenris jest offline   Reply With Quote