View Single Post
Old 27-05-2010, 01:15   #145
Gypsy Wolf

I have also been impressed with little Pollux Crying Wolf - he has bounced back from a pretty traumatic trip from Hungary to Florida, and I really like his personality.
He is snuggly (LOVES to be held in your arms), sweet, serious and kind of a tough guy! He is also really attractive - very "wolfy" - a gorgeous wedge-head, a PERFECT shoulder (I have never seen a better shoulder - it's to die for!), balanced and well-built. Of course he is a pup, so his feet still look like combat boots!
Like his breed calls for, he is not one to make instant friendships. He is selective, though he is INCREDIBLY attached to his person. His focus on her is amazing. I have no doubt he will look very flashy in the ring with his intensity.
In a breed like ours, not every dog bred behaves perfectly all the time. It is not fair to expect them to. They are not a Retriever or a Collie. They were bred for Border Patrol work - that requires a suspicious nature and the intelligence to make decisions to protect what they were designed to protect.
To judge ANY kennel or breeder on one experience with one dog (and how many vlcaks are out there that one could base an opinion on more than just one or two vlcaks at a time anyway?) is not fair. A breeder makes an educated guess on a genetic combination and the early raising of a pup, but after that - it's up to the new owner and we all know that not everyone has the time, knowledge or ability to expose their dog to every situation possible. And let's be fair - some of the situations we expect our dogs to tolerate are barely tolerable by us! A dog show, for example - what a stressful thing! Unnatural, most of the humans are dominant to the dogs, and at least here in the US I find a lot of the dog show visitors are really obnoxious to the dogs - grabbing and hugging them... *I* don't think *I* would be as tolerant as my dogs are if I had strangers taking such liberties with me!
Anyway, just my two cents...
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote