View Single Post
Old 22-02-2012, 19:28   #40
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
If i already wrote before, let me ask you guys a question.. What efficient methods do you use to stop czw from showing agressivness towards other dogs? As i noticed it doesn't do it only to males but doesn't really matter. He will just normally accept some dogs, and will make agressive body language towards other and start jumping to get to them. ....

I would love some tips and you opinions to see what else i can try. I was reading about it and was trying many things. He also was socialized since i got him, he was playing with many dogs and he still does with those i can let him..
Hi,

I think that depending how old your dog is this is normal CsV behavior - the selectivity towards who he will and won't be friendly to is completely normal, especially when it comes to new or stranger dogs.

To have a CsV who behaves otherwise and is welcoming to any and all dogs is rather uncommon, I think.

Upon maturity it's normal for dogs of many breeds, including CsV, to be selective.. For that reason it's also normal to see the majority of CsV of adult age to be in muzzles at off-lead gatherings of stranger dogs..

It's not something necessarily that you can 'change' - you cannot make your CsV into a nice social Beagle. You can continue to safely socialize him with those you know he is friendly to, introduce new dogs cautiously, and always be prepared to manage the situation knowing it's generally in their nature to be this way.