View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 15:02   #47
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
no-no, it was just an idea
but then you must give your pups for free, isn't it?
No, but I do not tell stories that puppy costs this amount of money, because HD tests (that you make once in dog's life and it costs... 70 euro ) are expensive, or because I had to feed my female (30 more euros a month, and this is feeding Orijen - at the moment it is the best dry food I can find in LT), or similar. I would do the same things with my dog, no matter if it is a breeding dog, or a mix from a shelter.
Yes, let's be fair and say that a breeder also needs a little "payback" for his hard work, for all the letters he answered (explaining obvious things for people, who simply desided you have nothing else to do), for future consultations any time of the day or night, if a new puppy owner faces a problem (this is in all the agreements, isn't it?), also maybe breeder had to take some free days from work (and was not payed for this time) to take care of the puppies. Also if puppies do not live in a kennel, but at home, same room with the family, you may need some rapair works, don't you?
It is not a shame to say "yes, the puppy costs THIS amount of money, because I need a little payback for my hard work" It is a shame to lie that this is how much a puppy costs - then why do puppies without pedigrees cost much less? (I am speaking not about wolfdogs, but other breeds)

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote