Thread: Offspring´s
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2008, 22:36   #82
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Dear Mikael,

sorry to say, but you seem a bit overexcited about the whole thing.
A so called rare line doesn't mean that it's a "good" line.
And if you look at the pedigree of Falco zo Sennej you see that's not a rare line at all. Sorry Sona and love to Australia....
His father is Cezar od Pavlisina, if this dog's name rings a bell and his mother Klea Ruskov dvor.
Her sister Krasna has many, many descendands. Look at the number of her son's Arek offspring and grandchildren for instance.
For Jola more or less the same.
Her mother is Kada, daughter of Orlik and Hesy.
Look at the number of their descendands.
The only so called rare line nowadays would be Jola's father Synek.
Do you know anything about the health status of the mentioned dogs?
Ok, Falco got blind at the age of 5 or 6 years and his niece Argenta Zelena Voda around the same age.
She´s suffering of a glaucoma which is probably hereditary.
I'm not patronizing you, but before making breeding plans, praising dogs you don't know and blaming certain lines you don't know either, I would strongly recommend coming to Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany and Poland seeing some older dogs and talking to experienced wolfdog people.
The above mentioned example is only one out of many.
Wolfdog.org and the collected data are brilliant, but only one point out of many.
Have a look at the dates of the different summercamps and come over.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying problems with high inbreeding or even health problems in the breed but your point of view is far too simple.

Regards,
Michael
I think you misunderstand me a bit here...

I did not say I would breed on them, only that I was interested and wonted more info...

Showresults is not needed, but good health is...

Best regards / Mikael