View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 18:51   #266
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
I've just had a quick look on the database and, by my reckoning, Galiba has sired about 17 dogs who have then produced around 200 and then another over 100 in the next generation.
It is a SERIOUS problem. The red Wolfdogs were born two years ago. Nothing was made official - two years were LOST because the French breeder decided to clear it directly with Crying Wolf; because of it it was hidden. It is not a accusation towards the French breeder but a simple conclusion. Nothing was reached since the Hungarian breeder do not want to cooperate. And in that time the Galiba offsprings spread among the Wolfdogs.

So nobody stoped it when there were 17 offsprings. But it is better to stop it when there are 200 offsprings than to stop it later when there will be 400 CsW with Saarloos blood spread all over the world.

And IF Galiba or any other dogs in his line are Saarloos-mixes the whole line will get remark "Mixes" even if there will be 1000 of them. I think exactly the Galiba offspring owners should help to solve the problem. Before is too late and more dogs will be "affected"... I'm worried because the will to clear it seems to be missing not only by Crying Wolf breeder but also by the puppy owners. What make me personally even more "suspicious"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
This is serious if you are talking of 'blocking' any dog with Galiba's blood, with no concrete proof of a problem.
Yes, you are right. But there is a proove: red Wolfdogs born in France where two parents come from Crying Wolf. RED - with red nose. This colour DO NOT EXIST by Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs. AND both parents must be "carriers".
So there are some other breeds (according the photos it was the red Saarloos) mixed with CsW by Crying Wolf.
The only "problem" is to localize when it happend.

So there are some problems:
Which Crying Wolfs are "under investigation"? When the Saarloos mixed with CsW? When it happend?
It would be not fair to ban all Crying Wolf dogs and their offsprings because some of them can be really purebreed.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote