View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 20:00   #84
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka
Can we let them dead without pups????
Of course not, but it also does not mean use these males with all females possibles, what we can see are people using heavy males with nice tendency for HD with heavy females in the same conditions, it will not improve the breed, its not selection as the problem will persist and people will also have some problems to find correct females for his offsprings.

but let me remind a small problem here, mostly of the dogs today are not wolfish, I mean, what we can often see are heavy dogs with hanging lips huge chest and horrible movement, as the selection is not made and some people only cares for the lowest COI possible, we will continue to have more degenerated dogs as the time pass.

Low COI, genetic variability is very important, but we may never forget about selection as well, its need work both things togeter.

And please, i'm not talking here about someone specific or trying to "attack" someones breeding way, but I really worrie about what I listened a lot in 2009, some breeders doing litters wich they tough are nice only because both dogs are A and the COI % were small.

Last edited by Nebulosa; 28-01-2010 at 20:03.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote