View Single Post
Old 26-11-2010, 22:36   #37
cindy23323

Send a message via Yahoo to cindy23323

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina View Post
There is no statistic how many wolfdogs are in shelters. But there are not so many shelters and they are in contact with each other and I am in contact with some of them. Very easy, if you use internet and are able to talk to people, you get the information. The total number of wolfdogs is written in Dave Mech´s book from 2003, and I got the number from the scientist Prof. Dr. Ray Pierotti and from the biggest breeders. So I made a middle number. And as I wrote in facebook are in the meantime hundreds wof people having wolfdogs and rescue shelters and breeders. And I am in contact with all. It is a far bigger community like the csw. Of course having only about 5.000 csw world wide it is nothing to compare to 700.000 american wolfdogs.

And I am of course in very good contact to the scandinavian wolfdog owners. Most live in Finland.

Ann created her own breed the "Alaskan Noble Companion Dogs". It is very simple. She is trainer too and takes from other people the exam. She is very experienced. But that you can read on my website I put the link here in.

Buschgardens, I know, that are animals from Lorraine. The wolf/wolfdog world is very small. And because of my animals and I am one of a handfull people who imported an animal from the north america, write for the wolfdogs magazine, have a good website, have the contact to the most important wolf researchers like Dave, Bob, Ray and Greg it makes an all in all for me and people do know me. And it does not often happen that Monty Sloan visit private persons. But he did with me, we are friends.

And I am friend too with Mark Rowlands "The Philosopher and the Wolf". So I have experience not only with my own animals, but I get all important information first hand! And so I am wondering that a person like Fenris, who even does not have a csw means to know about the wolfdog world.

I know animals at Busch Gardens are from Deborah Warrick and Mace Loftus has two there also. But i was unaware of Lorraine having any there.

http://virginiawolves.zoomshare.com
cindy23323 jest offline   Reply With Quote