View Single Post
Old 27-01-2010, 11:55   #43
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

It seems we are going out of topic in some posts.
Bux,the dog, I have NEVER seen in real life.
Monika's links on dog shows are interesting to determine that he was NOT a great show dog, this is a fact.
Maybe problem was character?
Another fact is that he had an amazingly beautiful head. One of the best heads i've ever seen.
This DOESN'T mean he is the best stud one can use.
The best head i've ever seen is surely Galiba Crying wolf.
AGAIN, this doesn't mean he is the best stud one can use.
In fact, there are OTHER factors which make a CSW a great CSW...not just the HEAD.
I will never forget showing a friend (I hope I can still call her that way) some great fotos of a CSW...and she was honestly impressed.
When she saw the dog in real life....her impression was TOTALLY different.

The "health" topic is for me of fundamental importance.
Here I must agree with Monika.
I prefer breeding healthy dogs within standard but not SUPER wolf looking with a life expectation of many years than a CSW who is very very wolfish but with weak health structure.
I have NO DOUBT about that.
We should not forget we are playing with the lives of creatures who learn to love and be loved by us...we cannot risk their lives, we are no longer in the "military-hartl" regime when the breed was born and non appropriate dogs could be buried in huge quantities.
I HATE breeders who "risk" on health of CSWs...using extreem inbreeding or dogs who have produced several displasic puppies or a very displasic dog himself.
I know breeding is a "risk" but some risks are calculated and others not...you can "expect" some consequences of your own risks.
I have a prayer, my greatest prayer is that my dogs live a long healthy life, and die as late as possible, as I pray that my displasic dog will never suffer.

Returning to the topic, from what I see in photos Bux is an extraordinary looking CSW.
Maybe his constitution is not VERY strong or firm, but I am sure that ALL, even Monika would agree with me that it would have been worth using him more than just once with the right female to see if it was possible to get out from this dog the same head and improve the body structure.
After all, that is the main goal of a breeder...to "produce" an improved CSW from already excellent ones...