View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 17:45   #31
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
Thanks Mirka,

I have some more questions: Can you compare ZM/ZVV with SchH/IPO exams with similar exercises or whats different?
No I canĀ“t. This is better explained by somebody, who has "hands on" experience with these tests. I can look at the tests and what is required on them, but I cannot compare them and explain the differences. Theoretically, I believe they are equally difficult, however I find IPO more difficult for CSWs, because IPO is a lot about the speed in which the dog performs, accuracy etc. The Czech exam system (ZM, ZVV) is more about the real use of the dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
What are the differences in the obedience part ZPU1 to ZPU2? On ZPU2 can you choose tracking & obedience only or has to dog to do defence work?
All obedience in ZPU1 is done off leash. ZPU1 is still divided into individual obedience with the dog and then obedience in the group. Plus the excersise of the choise - either guarding the object, or tracking.

ZPU2 consists of tracking, obedience and defence. No choices are given, to absolve it, you must do all three things. ZPU2 is close to what is required on ZM or ZVV1. There is no group obedience or other group exercises in ZPU2.

The obedience of ZPU2 is similar to ZPU 1, but harder. For example, in ZPU1 you have simple aport of object. In ZPU2, the dog has to do the aport jumping over obstacle there and back. In ZPU1, the dog has to bark in "heel" position. In ZPU2, the dog must sit one step in front of you and bark etc.