View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:28   #13
Wolfsirius

Just came in my mind as i thought (read) what Margo said.
If there is listed only active breeders (breeders who have female in age that could make puppies)
is there any idea to think about that list all "true" BREEDERS instead of all owners of female in breeding age? With "true" i mean breeders who have registered breedingname, and had have (Csv) puppies.

I think is so, that you are breeder, even you dont have puppies every year, your breeding name is not missing,
and your breeding not end, before you say so yourself.

Example; If you have a female in age of 4 years, you make puppies with it, then you waite 2 years to see how puppies will be, and maybe buy a new female (puppy) so you must waite at least 2 years to make puppies again, so can take 4 years after somebody have puppies again, and still, it can be very active with breed (in own country) and need possible puppybuyers like other breeders too.

Is very difficult for people who is interested about breed to get to know it (as near as possible) if breeders from own country is missing.

And as i said before, is no sense to make puppies all the time (even in Finland) cause all puppies need responsible forever loving home. So here we can make puppies maxim. every other year, and still, we try to keep breed alive here as well. We have new dogs (maybe for breeding as well) and we have contacts to other breeders/owners, and we visit them sometimes as well.

So, that was my thoughts, wolfdog.org is yours, and you do what you like, i was just thinking.

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote