View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:02   #60
BeatriceSlavinschi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deocamdata View Post
For sure it is a cruelty for a young puppy. Now he is staying in house during the night and also from time to time during the day. I don't want to get used him only inside ...
But for a dog ... it's a normal situation in my opinion ...
I understand you very well. But don't forget that people on this forum want the best for their dogs. Some of us even put dog first and then human. So the idea that he is still a dog, differs from person to person. I'm also living with my czw's in the house. They have a big yard of 2000 sqm and two big paddoks, but they prefer the house and they NEED to be in contact with people all the time (especially family). So you try to think that this is not a dog, but most wolf and look at many documentaries about wolf behaviour. It is vital for your puppy to stay more than half of the day with you, especially in this critical period, which is so important in his forming. A loose dog will do only what he wants and this is not good for his future training. Must be equilibrium between "no" and "good boy". He needs your appreciation and feedback on everything. You need to have a lot of communication to him, and most of all, he needs to know that your son is also as important as any other family member and he is also a pack leader.
It's also important to train him not to pee in the house.
You can put him stay outside, in the paddock, but you must reward him every time he enters and stay there and then increase the time progressivelly. He must not preceive it like a punishment. And when you establish a rule, don't deviate form it. And remember: he will always try to be the boss. The success for his training lies only in your hands (and your family's).
Every dog will defend its teritory. So I'm sure that your dog will bark at the people or dogs approaching your home. But, as other colleagues here said it: the czw is best for personal defence. They would love to defend you and your family.
BeatriceSlavinschi jest offline   Reply With Quote