View Single Post
Old 26-04-2007, 13:48   #21
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanninadina
Sorry, I have in the moment not much time. But Przemek you will find the race regulations on the homepage of ESDRA there under ESDRA-Regulations Part II. This race regulations ist for snow and off-snow races and everyone who is organizing such a race have to watch these rules out. And as Kerstin mentioned it stands under der FCI.

And I have to repeat there is only a very little number of typical sleddoges like Siberian Huskies taking part. The alaskan huskies have short coat even like a german hunt dog or a pointer which are often used too. The (scandinavian) hounddog is a mixtured out of german huntdogs (deutscher Kurzhaar), pointer and alaskan husky.

Ina, it is a real pity that you as a vetenerian doesn´t know about this rules! It is better you say nothing. I guess you know it from Miguel - if Michael your husbnad told you - that the worldchampionship was a real big one with 330 racers with 1.000 dogs and lots of visitors. It was a professional race.

Christian
Christian,
even if it seems to be difficult to understand: We don´t talk about Canicross races, we don´t talk about sighthound races and we don´t talk about sled dogs. We talk here about endurance runs (not races) of Czechoslowakian wolfdogs. There is no point in the German Animal Protection Law - which is the only one official veterinarians work with - that say that you are not allowed to do that over 22° degrees (What is the limit in the sleddogrules you mentioned). The official vet will be interested in your case if your dog has problems with it no matter what temperature.
I personally find it very funny that you get that excited about it here and on the same time are going to join the endurance run next weekend that is under much too hot conditions anyway if you don´t start extremly early in the morning.
By the way, having mentioned sight dog races: there are several official derbys in July and August, they are not going to start at 4 in the morning and will surely be running at over 22°.

Ina

P.S. and please don´t forget about the 1/3 in Dorit Feddersen-Petersens book
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote