View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 16:57   #12
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. My only link to the american wolfdog community is through this more international site - I have a vlcak...
I do agree some of the claims are a little much...!!!
I am having a difficult time finding pure wolf breeders to even converse with let alone purchase a pup from - would love any guidance you could give me.
And yes, I have been thinking long and hard - for many years - probably since I first got involved in Animal Behavior studies in college and studied the various wild canines (my 1993 BA major was Animal Behavior), about bringing a pure wolf into my life.
I am in no rush - it would likely be a few years at least before I brought a wolf pup into my home, but [B]I would like to find a responsible pure wolf breeder [/b]I could develop a mentor-type relationship with who I would eventually purchase a pup from. I am in no way interested in breeding wolves myself, so unless keeping the animal intact was required by the breeder, he (I would prefer a male) would be neutered at maturity.
I am on Disability and only work part-time, so I do have the time to devote to the intense relationship requirements - and I have perhaps a different understanding of them than the average joe...
Again, thank you and if you have some contacts or guidance for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
is there such a thing

if ,as you say,you had more of an understanding of them ,why on earth would you want one as a pet?

also,without meaning to offend you in anyway... you also advocate pinch collars etc whilst training your dogs? what tool would you decide to use to 'control' your 'pet wolf'?
of course a lot of people dream of living with a wolf...and imo it should stay just that, a dream...enjoy your csv and learn from them :-)

happy new year all :-)
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote