View Single Post
Old 21-03-2014, 15:27   #3
Koos

Hello Leila,

Yes, she was tested and the result war DM/DM, and it has taken about 2 years to make our discission to sleep her in. Till about 1 - 2 month ago she was able to walk rather good but the last 2 weeks she slept with her baglegs over the ground most of the time of we helpt her with walking. There were no signals for other illnesses. I can imagine that a lot of people are afraid of the results but it is better to know about it and take the responsibility not to use such a dog in reproduction only with a partner which is 100% negative in the result of the test. When puppies will be born from such a mating they are carrier and not affective for 100%. When you make than a mating with a 100% free partner, the problem will go down and no dog will be get this illness. Also dogs with the result of carrier have no problem in future. But it is not easy to see that a healthy dog has such a problems and it can also give problems at the age of 2 - 3 years. Now she was 10,5 years old and she had a rather good life but it is also hard to sleep her in. I advice you to make tests from your dogs to be sure and ask the owners of the future partners of you dogs to so also, so you cannot have this problems for you and the dogs.
I think it is good to talk or write about this and not to close your eyes for this problem and I will help you of course to answer your questions
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote