Thread: Name of breed
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2003, 21:49   #25
LKO

Default Name of breed

Hi,

I would like to make an observation. I realize I am a new member, but I have been reading everything I can on this site. I would just like to say that I think the name "Chechoslovakian Shepard" ( Please forgive the spelling) would be a more appropriate name for this breed. Since it is only a small percentage of wolf, and that would remove all the negative connotations of "wolf" from the name. I'm certainly not suggesting the name should be changed, but I wonder if it had been named "Shepard" instead of "Wolfdog" it might have been easier gaining acceptance. All dogs are descended from wolves originally, some are just farther than others. Nothing I have read here would make me not want to have one of these wonderful dogs, but it has certainly educated me on the importance of being knowledgable about the breed before you obtain a dog. I think this applies to any breed, as there are certainly a lot of more difficult breeds to have than this one. I am fascinated by this breed, and hope to someday be able to get one.

LKO
LKO jest offline   Reply With Quote