Thread: Utonagan
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 14:14   #22
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia
I don't think CsWs are any more aggressive than other dog breeds, stubborn - maybe, but I think it is the showing of their intelligence.
Neither wolves are aggressive animals! Some alphas may be more independent and decisive- acting as "pack leaders" - but on principle wolves avoid humans and hunt farm animals only when starving, struggling for survival, exactly like packs of dogs that run wild... But nobody sane would ban dog breeding due to such incidents! CWD are relatively independent and intelligent on the whole, and some CzWs are more independent and strong-willed than others, but the same can be said of almost any breed, including the ones used for Untanagans... All dogs are close to wolves!!! Otherwise cross-breeding wouldn't be possible at all....
Personally I have nothing against Untanagans, they are beautiful and look charming, but I think it's unfair to call them an alternative to any other breed, as if they were meant to be a substitute of anything. Either it is a unique breed with described appearance and predictable, to certain extent , temperament and character, like CWD or Sarloos or not. But definitely there is more to a breed than just appearance!
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote