Thread: Utonagan
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2006, 15:16   #34
Rona
Distinguished Member

I'm sorry, but it all sounds very confusing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you don't really know whether you own an Untanagan, a wolf, a wolf-hybrid or wolfdog ( i.e. a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog or a Saarlos).

It is strange that some people buy animals to keep at home without even checking on the kennel, on the breeder, the pup's parents, even the breed itself. How can one buy an animal ONLY for his/her wolfish looks!!! It shows a lack of imagination and responsibility. How could a good owner provide the pet with good care and proper training, if he or she does not even know what kind of animal he/she has at home.

Every breed, (not to mention wild animals) requires a different approach, attitude, methods of to training, feeding etc. And we're not talking here of mixes of common,"easy" breeds but of beautiful, social but independent, wilful creatures with relatively complex character and sometimes (in case of wolf-hybrids) highly unpredictable set of features.

If not brought up and handled properly they may cause troubles. In result
owners of innocent, well-trained dogs of well-established breeds (such as e.g. CzV) will suffer, only becuase their dogs look similar to the "wild" and unpredictable animals
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote