Thread: Aggressivity
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2012, 01:18   #3
vila

Try to focus first on determining where this behavior comes from - from fear or from a definite confident "forward" behavior that tries to control the situation. Hormones can really mess up the behavior in a young dog in any direction. And if he is now 1 year old and this is happening for 2 months it really sounds like the "unsure suspicious" stage that they have, unfortunately in a very severe manner. Usually its more defensive alerting behavior. I wouldn't say just waiting and "riding out the phase" would be good :/ because you would miss much of the socialization opportunities, also I think that this being a much stronger behavior than usual, it should be addressed and not ignored. If he was my dog and things weren't getting better fast, I'd also consider it be a hormonal imbalance and had him neutered (but I know its a touchy subject and i won't suggest it directly). Have you tried to walk or jog very actively among crowds of people (with a muzzle) like in the town or highly populated areas, giving corrections with the leash at every sign of tension in his eyes/body? Keep us posted and good luck!
vila jest offline   Reply With Quote