View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39   #36
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Your grandma was right In all times, in all systems, there have always been authorities (decision makers), institutions that supported or struggleed with them and common people who followed various philosophies, values & norms, views, etc. etc. These three notions should not be confused when discussing sensitive issuses

Vaiva, I understood Morian was just trying to point out how stereotypical Draggar's commnent was.

BTW, could the moderator cut the "historic" part out from the main topic?
I did not acuse any countries or people - just the system Many friends of mine are russians, but non of them are comunists And - Rona - in communist times Poland and Czechoslovakia seemed a nice dream when looking from Lithuania.
Yes, it was nice - studies for free (just be a member of young comunists, have exams from atheism and so on), flats for free (just be a good behaving member of a comunist party, do not think too much also), but to buy a refrigerator you have to stand in line Same three kinds of sausage in a shop (including this ugly "no-meet" boiled thing "šlapenka"), standing in line for an hour for toilet paper (when there is some, not allways!!!), oranges only on Christmas. Same clothes for everyone (still remember sometimes with my friends - "did you have a black synthetic fur coat with round wooden buttons? Mine were green"). Jeans only if you have an uncle in USA who sent it (I still have one in Florida ). And also there was no crime or disabled people, yes, just because newspapers could not write about bad things, only about great tractor drivers and happy factory workers, and nobody cared about disabled people

It is so good to live in a comunist country - not much working, not much thinking and everything is given for free Slaves are allways happy if they do not need to work too much and get some cheap food and vodka, aren't they?

Last edited by Vaiva; 06-07-2011 at 09:43.
Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote