View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 18:11   #56
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocalle View Post
This opinion has not gone out of my mouth.
What I try to say is that the page, the project and the idea is very good but the manipulation of some or some administrators it is bad

If I am mistaken please that someone explains to me ésto: If the web is broken and they cannot put information for what some information that interest some few ones if they enter?
Margo wrote it some time ago, so I'm only repeating: WD is not one entity. It consists of several tools: the database with certified info, which only the Admin can access, the forum, information section (which is broken - we cannot read the articles), gallery, etc. All these sections have to be compatible, but some data visible on the site do not come from the main database. That's why some show results/photos etc. are added earlier than others - they do not require operations on the "raw" database and are being updated by several people (moderators?) Contrary to what some of you say, data of wd owners' dogs and pups in the main database have not been updated since January either.

At the moment, from what I gather, the forum is new and functioning well, but the main database is at the verge of total collapse. Unfortunately, building a new one, with all the new options, means a huge amount of preparatory work done by just one person in his spare time. Only then will it be possible to transfer the old info and add the new that is being continuously collected including results of genetic tests, etc.

To be honest, if updating the old database would carry the risk of its ultimate collapse I'd rather it remained the way it is until the new one is constructed, even if it takes several months.
I don't understand why breeders cannot update their own sites, put links to them on WD in their profiles, signatures etc. and inform on the forum about their consecutive updates. This could be a reasonable temporary solution until the new database is completed.

BTW: It is clear that the obligations of the terms of cooperation are fulfilled by the Admin: adverts of the new litters appear regularly and are frequently refreshed.

I hope my explanations helped some of you grasp how the site functions. if not, I can only quote Morian:
Quote:
if wolfdog is so bad as you say, what are you still doing here?

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote