View Single Post
Old 19-03-2010, 09:23   #14
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Thanks for all the info Marcy.
It's guess it's really not that big of a deal to register him here, since I'm not going to show/compete with him, I just thought it would be good to have him in the FSS for records of the first CsV's in the US. Daniel promised to get me his CFC pedigree this year so that will be good, [and yes, Shetan was titled through the CFC, he gave up on CKC completely.] As far as I could tell UKC also only would accept the CKC, so it doesn't look too good for there either.

And you brought up a good topic I was wondering about, why the breed is called 'Czechoslovakian Vlack' here?? It makes us Americans seem so stupid [as always ] that we're too scared to have the word 'wolf' in any breeds name [even though every one of 'man's best friend' has wolf in them somewhere down the line] but we still want to be able to pronounce the name so we can't have 'Ceskoslovensky'. So stupid. Why not have the German Schäferhund?? Or 'Dog de Bordeau' I think we should either keep the original breed name or all in english, not a mix.

I would prefer Ceskoslovensky Vlack myself.
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote