View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 19:19   #6
nanouk

Quote:
Why do I wish a third wolf dog?
Interacting with wolfdog world I improved my interior quality life, compensating for modern human relationships very poor and superficial, in general (I mean that it is the new modern standard in the human world: mediocrity first!!).
I think that I will opt for a male because in my deep feelings I wish to have , in a next future,a cec.wolfdog breeding starting with the amazing NUT (Lastnavarre and Akela daughter).
I can understand your reasons, i used to be one of those who thought more is better, but having to rehome my male SWH because my two dogs had severe problems with eachother, have made me come to the conclusion that i rather have a small 2-er pack that is harmonious, than 3 or more dogs with the stress that might come with it, followed by the pain of possibly rehoming one!
I say might, there are more 3 dogs or more packs, harmonious ones, or packs where the owner doesn't mind having dogs in kennels, seperating them, or with an occasional fight..

personally, i would put my love and attention in the two ladies you already have, work with your ladies, see if your Nut is suited for breeding, and exploid your options to find a nice adult male that will be suited for mating with her.
If she has the puppies than, and you still want a 3rd dog you can always opt to keep one of your own puppies. By that time you know how all works out with the two bitches you have, and to me it's close to my biggest dream to ever be able to own a self bred puppy
nanouk jest offline   Reply With Quote